Thursday, July 9, 2015

concept of media . misconception . suicide

Recently there was a local celebrity suicide and eventually she was still very young. I do not know who the actress was, and to put it honestly I'm very sorry for just discussing this one topic that got me related to her and artwork perception. On this note, even if her family will not see this, I will still say condolences to her family. But I believe that its injustice to myself if I don't say it out loud.

In my plurks list of friends there was one who posted saying that he/she was creeped out by the artworks this late actress drew. Eventually he/she sited the source of the artworks he/she has seen, view it here in this article. So I clicked on it and just found myself browsing to see how creepy everything was.

I was just curious about this said creepy artworks. However I was dismayed to see that several of the images listed in the site, artwork or not, included was to my opinion extremely normal and not even the least creepy. Truth be told I only felt creeped out because it belonged to a recently died girl. Mentally speaking I was psychologically hyping myself to how creepy it was if it belonged to a person that committed suicide, saying to myself "be brave young 'un". 'Lo and behold it was bad of me to expect highly of anything.

I'm not saying she is not talented. Believe me she has the skills, its even better than mine on several aspects. However to say in an article that these are "images were created due to depression" and such. I don't like assuming, and I know it is clear human nature to only see what we want to see. But there are so many things that could have happened AND is a possibility. IN THIS CASE, I will have to debunk my "not liking to assume" nature, because according to what I understand its the case of a misunderstood artist right here.

For one several of the featured artworks, according to my internet knowledge, are clear fan arts based from a popular internet franchise. One was even a clear fan art for Over the Garden Wall, which is by the way a good cartoon series, just don't let the creepy atmosphere deter you from the well executed story.

Theres even someone who explained what some of the said creepy depressing artworks were (and honestly I won't give a solid source because it came from someones facebook and I just hate linking it after it is now buried over all the other articles all those people in my list of friends just posted, oh que labour, too lazy) not her expression of being depressed but just honest to feels fangirl artworks. Talk about misunderstanding.

Those in the article are not depressing artworks, I felt though that those were well done fan arts and artworks that are in fact beautiful (love her style). I could not feel the depression in it, although those quotes might be a little misleading now that she's committed the suicide case. Damn circumstances.

Beyond that point only the unfairness of the misconception they have with her artworks and its bizarreness to me was the K.O.. A lot of people really thought her artworks reeked of depression because of this misleading article. Someones already trying to debunk it mind you, maybe a friend that knew what she really was. And I for one wish I could do the same.

My opinion about this case feels like a sore loser, but perception of alot of people cannot be changed. You can't blame the media for blowing up the whole thing just for a good story that would rouse up peoples opinions. Well played Mainstream Media. However it goes to show that there are several types of ignorance. My ignorance towards her life story is one of them. But you can also see how invasive the concept of Media is.

The ending will always be something we have no say at all. Honestly I feel dismayed because alot of people will be reading the article about her yet we truly do not know what happened or what she is. Except I will stand firm that those artworks do not say how depressed she is, but I won't assume she doesn't have any mental problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment