Thursday, July 16, 2015

movie list: The Odd Life of Timothy Green (fantasy comedy drama 2012)

Yesterday was a very bad time to have feels, due to the unceremonious head ache I acquired because of the lack of sleep I gained the night before. Slept 4 am and woke up just 6 hours after. Least of my funny feels reward was that I spent my afternoons resting slash watching a random movie in HBO.

The film I encountered was quite a ride, it was simple, and again it felt like there were loop holes but I couldn't see them to the blurry eyes I acquired at the end of the movie.

The title of the film: "The Odd Life of Timothy Green"

Source
The movie was about a story of a couple and their experience of being parents to a child that randomly lived with them after some fantastical nature filled events one night. I'm missing the point of giving a point by point flow of the story so I'm going to make it plain and short.

*laugh laugh* *feel* *annoy* *feel* *laugh laugh* *awe awe* *annoy* *feel* *heavy feels* *cry in the corner*

That is the best synopsis I can give anyone due to the nature of the stories flow and events. It's not badly directed, in fact its very favourable. Like reading a book. Characters and their personalities are vaguely realistic, to a point of being over board. The most that hit me hard was the concept of Timothy Green himself, he was naive, and wise (plus he reminds me of my OC and a story I have yet to fix *ha ha*).

Innocence that could put any adult to shame. The adults I best refer to is the parents in the movie, which I can say is actually a very sane thing to do. Parents whose insecurities has built up that they couldn't even be honest even to their selves and the people around them.

The concept though of the parents taking care of a child for how many months and just saying its the back story of their reason to be good parents (something akin to proof of being) to the adoption agency they were telling the whole story about Tmothy to. It confused me at first mind you why they were retelling Timothys story to these two corporate looking people, just to reveal that they were some kind of agents from an adoption agency (assuming, due to the ending).

If it becomes a reality bite, I would say that everything in the story of Timothys life felt symbolical. As if it was true, but the way it was just portrayed was symbolical. Saying, in my own interpretation, that Timothy was born unexpectedly, linking it to the scenario of the couples family and how they felt about introducing him to them. The couple might not have showed young Timothy around because he was kind of sickly. Up until a point though, when young Timothy convinced them to give him a good childhood life. Lets say a trip to the doctors that supposedly went well.

The story goes along Timothy was diagnosed about something the kid accepted was inevitably leading to death, he felt more, however the parents were convinced that he shouldn't worry about it or it might get worse. Devising that instead to insinuate positivity in his life. A thing that might help him cure himself. Spending each time as if it were their last. Experiencing several things they used to not believe in but in the end have considerable and solid proof that they should believe in due to a miraculous proof as if an act of in-deterrable faith.

Until in the end when all things life could give them as a family was done, the sickness brought upon in time and stole the one thing that made them grow up as a family. The child the couple so wanted. That in the end, until Timothys death, was not something wasted but is an investment of strength emotionally gained. Something the couple couldn't have by just being themselves, thinking that maybe Timothy was an accidental birth.

I'm just saying anything can be the interpretation of the story or the truth behind the story of Timothy Green. There is of course no truth but only what the story could tell us.

Oh I wish Annette could be born the same way. Without drama, I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment