Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Podcasts . Reality . Variation of it

I've been trying to explore different kinds of podcast channels lately, ranging from crime scenes to game related, something of a short range for my taste. Of course the range of choices won't go beyond what peaks my interest. Laughable as how low my thirst for discovery is at least I found interesting ones.

(Although as I have stated several times in my short span of listening to such things, I end up not fully listening to a lot of episodes due to my brain not withstanding that unpleasant weirdo head ache from so much information. Carrying on...)

The first podcast channel I've ever gotten into was the ever famous "Welcome to Nightvale", due to their interesting world and how sci-fi slash supernatural everything is in their realm. Eventually I've gone and just gotten myself bored of it, even though I go back to it every now and then just to have a good different content to listen to. Don't get me wrong, WTNV is a truly wonderful experience, not including the Cecil-Carlos (or any other) fandom mind you. The realm of Nightvale is mysterious and intriguing, something out of the dream box and just up and out with the normalcy of life. How the morbid can just be something as pleasant as a newly baked pie, without it being overly anything in particular.


WTNV is truly a kudos, something I really am thankful for, especially introducing me to the joys of story based podcast. Even if its comparable to radio dramas, to this i LOL.

Next, after immersing myself to a lot of Jeff Clement stuff from Aural Stimulations, which by the way-ing of the ways a very inspiring experience to Jeffs' production talent, is the Selected Shorts community.

image Source
LINK TO SOUNDCLOUD
Selected Shorts is probably the best cup of tea I have ever found. Their aim, to feature short stories or excerpts from selected works by acclaimed, budding or just plain preferred authors.

To me, the Selected Shorts community will be something of a dream. I've enjoyed my life when I was younger telling stories and doing dramas just by the aural kind. Good voice acting, or modulation, or just plain voice it self is captivating in it's way.

Although some story tellers in the podcast was kind of bland to my ears, it didn't hinder me to the wonder of the stories content. Hearing that tinge of enthusiasm which to my thinking probably might be not in their at all and just me hearing things. That is just the grandeur of it, how deceivingly pleasant our minds are. However I am not joking when I do hear how enthusiastic and clear their voices are in telling stories they didn't even write. Which to me I completely understand, especially if they loved the book they were reading.

Next we've got the famous Serial, according to all those blogs I read about good lists of podcast channels. They weren't wrong, just a tad celebrated, but the content of this mystery-drama podcast is good. Better to the ears of my friend though. I just hope she doesn't go and do a thing I do sometimes when I don't like the voice casting or background sound. Quitting half of the story.

image Source
LINK TO SOUNDCLOUD
The scenarios though is gripping enough mind you. The investigation and social interaction of the detective (lets just say I nailed the lead voices' character) throughout is good. Just I don't  like listening to the episodes in one go, refer to reason in first enclosed in parenthesis statement.

Up next is another cup of my tea, I am getting well caffeinated in my journey for good podcast channels, in the name of Imaginary Worlds. A podcast by Eric Molinsky, and yes I remembered to edit the name (victory pose, cause it used to say Simon-something...).

image Source
LINK TO SOUNDCLOUD
The channel is dedicated to the realm of observational opinions on selected topics under geek-dom. The geek-dom type I can follow, like RPG related games, comics, movies from comics, anything under the sun of the established geek-dom I am slightly well acquainted. Not in a manner of specifics.

He discusses his adventures in the world of Tabletop RPG games, that I never really got the hang of until now, some discussion on trending in the loop of society topics and so on. His inputs are agreeable and some of the people and topics he discuss are the things I rarely hear about, which is good!

My selection isn't too bad but I need more input to fully get the brunt of their content. The type of full content that either enriches me, in a way that maybe one day it would help me while hoping that I won't forget the content in a blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment