Wednesday, September 2, 2015

CNN channel . Voices of Africa

I recently encountered the CNN channel in our cable list, I honestly did not know it was there. For the most I like the news on cable channels cause its diverse and at least its not a local one. Plus I rarely get to see news from different walks of the qorld, just in 9gag and honestly I'm surprised I get more events information from that site than our local news channels.

Keeping up with what I learned, it was a wee bit the end of the segment, and it was about the tragedy in Tianjin(sorry if I spelled it incorrectly), and of the survivors or the people who managed to run away from the location of the fire and area of explosion. There is no greater example of scenario pulling compassion and sympathy from the soul of man than tragedies, it pulls out the human in you. Guessing there will be alot of pessimistic opinions and characteristics that may show, it still gets trodden by humanities hope of helping another. May it be through prayers or actions. So far a know little about what had happened, but there're alot of information online. Proof of the devastating explosion, I saw it somewhere in 9gag(again in that god "informative" website). News of the people helping each other, I guess comparig their situation with my country in disasters isnt so different.

Moving on, after the international news came the show where they feature articles about Africa, I don't remember if its Voices of Africa or vice versa. Hell, the point is, the show was interesting. Got to the point where they featured Wayaala, a pop singer in their country, she sings in a specific dialect that I forgot. But she dances and does her stuff awesomely, they don't live too grande but she's an aetistic kind. Heck even the things she designs are awesome, fabulous in some sense, not my style but it fits her native aspect. I think shes sung a song by Rihanna before, but it only says so in a part of the show. Haven't tried to search it online, maybe when I get the chance to.

Included in the show we're two other women of the arts, the other one was also a musician and the other was a poet. Its wrong of me to be surprised that even to their part of the world that side of their culture is flourishing. Not that I'm saying there isn't in the first place, there is, I just didn't expect they would feature them. I find it a hypocritical thing of me to think, but its better that I prove myself wrong.

Seeing them feature their own brand of whats popular and going on makes me curious of whats happening in the modern culture and entertainment industry of Africa. Looking at the way they make music and hit the jive, rhythms and beats, kind of makes me proud that they arent forgetting to put a little of their tradition and culture in their modern art. Although I bet there are some who'd be tired of it, and think like those country bumpkin in the movies about living the city life. I like it more if the modern finds its way to be mixed with the cultural or traditional heart of things.

Makes me wonder if in the Philippines its our culture or tradition to feature jologs type of media related entertainment. The rap industry ain't bad, however it kinda repeats itself to the same tragic story, which makes me miss the old school way of rapping. Opm industry, I don't really know, I like most of the indie scene ones more than the commercialized popular ones. For metal or rock genres, there seems to be a large lacking of that in our modern culture. Ballads are more of the pinoys thing, I noticed.

Conversing about the cultural and modernistic integration of ttaditional things seems pretty wide of a subject. However, its very interesting to know or learn of people and their aims or dreams. Those projects they do to make the people around them aware. I forgot to mention about that second African singer, she was a female, and she was part of this song collaboration with 7 other female singers of their country. Their song promoted the power of females in the industry of music, or in any aspect in life.

Call it feminazi of me, but I liked it. The concept, maybe in their side of the country women still gets oppressed greatly. Although I know all around the globe gender inequality is rampant, especially for the "third" sex. Well its the support and awareness that counts.

Edit (sept.2.2015): this post failed to up last time, but I'm still loading it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment