Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Cat cafes . To my delight . Buffing it

Cat cafes are growing in number here in the Philippines. More in the direct Manila area, to my slight distress. This however do not deter me from coming to them, like a cat attracted to tasty treats.

I've gone to two out of the three cat cafes that is currently trying to snag the scene from the lovely and outgoing realm of Barkin Blends (been there two times already, and probably will make an article of my experience to it some day or maybe I've done it before...*re-checking*). The list of cafes are: Miao Cat Cafe, Cat Cafe Manila and Bengal Brews, the list in order of who came first.

I've never been to Miao Cat Cafe, which was the first cat themed cafe in the Philippines. But I remember getting so hyped about it but never got to come there due to a friend of ours who can't go because of her allergies towards our lovely felines.

Therefore I will only state my experiences from Cat Cafe Manila and Bengal Brews, the latter I just recently visited.

Cat Cafe Manila

Source: My older siblings facebook, sadly cannot disclose her details XD.
This cafe is just a small little sweetie in a nice building along Maginhawa street.

Source
My mother wanted to tour us along Maginhawa street, where the night before, she and her office mates, and her sister which is our aunt (yes, duh), had decided to have some bonding time. Opting to visit the famous eating street somewhere near the premise of UP. Eating in a steak restaurant, which I remember named White Elephant (please don't sue me for forgetting, somewhat). Then visiting the cat cafe on the second floor of the same building as the steak resto.

The next week, our mother invited me and my older sibling to visit the said place, just for experiences and at least we would add the information of knowing how to go and where the place is.

Skipping all the other laughable details, like getting lost. Stating while we're lost that our mother was sorry and couldn't remember exactly, using the "the place looks different at night" excuse. Eventually we got to the place well and good.

Entering we we're welcomed by sweet napping cats that looks like our common mongrel cats walking all around. Except the ones in the cafe are in good health. The ambience was fairly good, the space isn't that inviting though since it's small, but who am I to complain when they're just starting, hey! Food, I guess is typical but buying them is for a good cause, for the cats.

Source
The cafes aim isn't just to establish a cat cafe just for ambience and relaxation, it's also a means for others to be exposed to the mongrel cats in their care to be adopted. I heard while my mother and sister were talking to the people in the cashier, assuming they're the owners, that some of the cats in the roster for that day are already new since the others have been adopted in a previous month or so. Hearing about it made me feel warm all inside, even if I wasn't directly the one conversing with the owner. Since I felt shy (yeah, right).

Bengal Brews

Source
The latest animal themed cafe escapade is in Cubao, Manila. A specific kind of cat breed themed cafe named Bengal Brews. Literally all the cats in the cafe is Bengal, which is really a breed, wow! (yea, I know of the breed, never seen an actual one before though, ka-shin)


Source: potato halfs' picture archives XD
I was invited by my potato half since it was near the place he's currently living in and it, again, is one of the most calming experience I've encountered. My system is always a dramatic hype, even though I don't really show it out but my mind is plagued of it, of sorts! And this is another recommended place to hang out. The interior and space is perfect for the cute lovelies, and seems to be suited for a handful of people staying in.




Source: potato halfs' picture archives, again XD
I personally can't say I like having a lot of people in a cafe, but of course it's nice to have a crowd giving attention to the cute bengals. Although I prefer they keep the volume of noise to a low. Like my cat, Winmi (one of these days I'm going to tell a story about her), it seems like this breed isn't that friendly with noise as they often avoid loud sounds. However, I might be wrong, and that somehow they're just wary of people.

Con-close-sion

In the end I'm a fan of the concept and WOULD LOVE to spend my days almost every week in the presence of the cafe, that totally defeats the purpose of my cat at home (cue laugh-out-loud). Sadly, my horrible truth is, I won't be able to spend that much time to go the distance and spend money to stay in a gorgeously interior designed cat cafe.

Instead I will be spending it as often with my friends when we get the time. Especially in spending it in a well maintained cafes with animal themes.

Kudos to these cafes and hope they get the attention they deserve, especially the aim of Cat Cafe Manila.


Cat Cafe Manila > come and meow with them (main site)
Bengal Brews > play with meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment