Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Promise . Emma Blackery . appreciation

The first song that introduced me to the wonderful Emma Blackery was an awesome song she collaborated with Dave (Boyinaband from youtube). The name of the song, "The Promise".


Her voice was really my type, the type you just feel like you'd go and jam with in a mellow rock like way (mellow rock, really?). But what caught me was the songs. As everyone who likes Boyinaband knows he is known for making songs that hits you in the "kokoro" just like that (gotta make that post about him soon), or just plain funky rap songs about satirical things. He also produces tons of awesome songs that I completely question why he hasn't hit big yet.

Enough about Dave, more about Emma, I say!

I have not immersed myself to Emma's channel yet, since I have yet to immerse myself to Vloggers instead of Music makers and Let's Play youtubers. Although some of the Let's Play and Music Maker youtubers I do follow has Vlogs of their own. I only pick the Vlogs that has a full on "just listen to it" feel, instead of the ones where you need to follow what they do on the video.

Emma Blackery, as I noticed, has majority of Vlogs and mostly the only videos I have immersed of hers is the official video for "The Promise" and most of her music, that I must say is really funky and cute.


More about the song.

The song, as my ears perceive it, tells the story of how no one should feel left alone. That you should hold on, reminding you that you aren't alone. Because as the song says, they promise they will be there for you. No more cutting. No more aching. They will listen.

This is something of a real thing. People all around us are internally dipped in depressing and rotting conflicts. Some can get their ass out of those tar holes inside of us, while the others struggle harder. Maybe they are weak in the mind, heart or soul, or they didn't get to have that good social support from the people they expect to get it from. No matter, because in the end something will always eat them, and they will struggle.

Being a person who has once experienced, or still do in tiny bouts, is luckily one of the few who has someone or a "group of" to help me with my times of struggle. They were there long enough for one day make me able to stand on my own two fat unstable logs for legs. Finally waiting for my time to help others in a way that fits their need.

I honestly say I am still not able to do so. There is no way for me to help someone who is clinically depressed, just the ones who needs an ear kind of "depressed" which might probably just be loneliness. Or the ones who needs to be picked up from their fall, and do my best to push them slowly back up into the sky.

Enough dabbling.

This song, matching it with a heart breaking video is one insta-kokoro-kill!

The song is one of the most heart warmingli-mazing ones I've listened so far, and I just couldn't help but want to shout it out to the world. Since I cannot sing, therefore I will shout it out. Even if no one will hear me or even notice me. I promise I will still "sing" it.

Because everyone should be reminded of such a good story.

Emma Blackery >> join her

No comments:

Post a Comment