Friday, September 25, 2015

Komikon . Indie . struggles

A month from now is the titular event for all comics enthusiast, greater for the comics makers and artist apparently, called Komikon (a localization of the Comicon from the U.S., me thinks) here in our country (the hugely crab mentally humble Philippines *party poppers*).

Source
This event is one of my most anticipated things in life since it started back in 2005, I had the privilege of selling comics back in 2009/2010, but had to stop due to work. Now I'm planning to go back, as well as my friend who want or can go back to the society.

Currently I've become recluse in my enthusiasm to socialize in the community and thus has little to not much contacts that could connect me to the industry that I had wanted to grow into. Instead I grew around a small bubble that evidently, every now and then, pops it up in enthusiasm just to be able to commend myself in the crowd of on-going lookers and active goers. Which goes back to it's little introverted bubble to again gain a little strength for the next attempt.

This whole concept of my struggle is me being lazy in the face of my wanted ambition in life. This ambition didn't even spark a strong will to me until the days after my graduation.

Being lazy and hesitant against the concept of risk has always been my enemy. An enemy I shouldn't even be talking about, but since I've accepted to be like this with the concept of not struggling to even remove it from me. Right now, I'm struggling so bad to over come it, at this late stage of my life.

The community however is very admirable, even inspirational for me who is struggling to be a comics indie artist.

I've self published several of my short stories before. My genre or art style isn't that profitable, but I strive to get it there. To earn it.

Needing to do better...

No comments:

Post a Comment