Thursday, October 27, 2016

Unpopular Opinion 2-oh-something

Listening to Ruth B's "Lost Boys".


Depicting a story about someone finding their way to a figure like Peter Pan and all the Lost Boys, plus the world of Neverland. I refuse to categorize the gender of her main character in the composition, if she was the one who composed the song, should've looked it up. Either way, resounding songs of juvenile and explorative lines rings through the song like a lovely string of quartet kids laughing around posies and in share spreading giggly life into the gardens of the lost eden.

Yet, this song sang differently for me, as all listeners of any modern released singles and budding musicians in the industry. The song will obviously be subjective and even have an obviously selective crowd, probably the ones who will be enticed by the tune like me (evidently not underrated due to the obvious 34M+ views and 432k likes by youtube statistics).

Stories are pretty song in poem format, sometimes I don't get it in one go and makes me want to listen to them multiple instances whenever I felt like. Maybe in lonely times or in occasions when I feel like drowning myself with a new found song and just let the gush of emotions run through. Like Lady Gaga's "Million Reasons", but this song didn't just ring me up something romanticized.

Through my minds television, I saw my characters from Tamtam, the story playing forthrightly like it never left me. Scenarios string between broken verses that originally did not fit each other. One scene was something from an arch of the story yet to be written, while one connected to the unwritten in the currently written one, maybe will be the consequence of their actions in the future. Like a prediction to what should, but soon it would fade and another scenario would fill it's gap as the song continues to flow.

Until the end, and when I play repeat again, there it is Tamtam, running in my minds TV like a never ending movie.

I've always loved it when my mind feels fueled by music, as if an auto-MV would suddenly direct itself without any supervision from me but the subconscious imagination I've previously done, either repeating or being revised. This kind of thing happens to me tons of times in my younger days. But when I got into the world of "being too tired to even bother for this shit" (work life, normal employee life), I've begun to loose the energy to write or even draw.

That moment of my life was the saddest I've been, besides my indulging to my jealousy, that's a completely different story right there.

There isn't much of an unpopular opinion here, just, that I've forgotten to mention. That if I'd give a gender to the character in the song, I would stick to the original characters from the book the song and the origin of the term "Lost Boys". Wendy, maybe, or just a random girl trying to find her way into a lonely world. A lonely world she just probably couldn't form into a less lonely one due to the lack of motivation. Quote-and-quote.

Sort of completely indulging it like a romantic song, or a coming of age song for the girl. Where she finds someone like a Peter Pan, dragging her away from the lonesome reality and covered her in the magic Peter always brought with him in his pocket, or Tinker Bell even though she wasn't even mentioned in the song. Rude now that I thought of it. (at least it was mentioned as pixie dust)

Think like that, comparing the girl and finding her self in the story, as if all she needed was companionship all along. But, what if it came the time that she realized she couldn't be with her Peter Pan anymore. Like Wendy.

I may dub this an unpopular opinion, but I guess it's an unpopular opinion only to me, you see. There might be just a time right now, currently in my life, that I've just realized that I have woken up from a sort of Neverland. That soon I feel like Wendy leaving Peter Pan and onto a reality. Just a feeling.

There isn't much, just, the change feels painful. I've begun to slowly loose the patience and ability to easily accept things. Mayhaps it's a great change that it feels difficult compared to the other changes in my life. Still, it feels painful, but good just like the song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment