Thursday, October 20, 2016

Them Inktober stuff (so far)

This is just a re-cap post of mine on how many images or inktober illustrations I've done since I started participating. Usually I couldn't force myself to participate long enough with this kind of thing since in the past few years I was completely drained and busy with work. So far, I've just proven that by doing this, it means I've got more time to spare than I thought I had. Much positive, is that conclusion. (laugh, laugh)

Day 1 was something about Fast. So I just drew a snail...
Day 2 have something to do with noisy, so I looked up for the noisiest mammal and somehow the internet says it's the whale. I would agree, especially if I stood beside one and simply heard them "groan" out their call.
Day 3 made me think of something, and so far I didn't have anything so I drew a jar with snot in it. Which just ended up being a soul. Collect a soul.
This was my first cheat day, day 4. It was the week where we we're going to pass pattern designs in our art group/personal business Petshap Inc's. The week was busy, in a sense that I didn't even have the time to do the patterns, so to catch up with the inktober prompt list, luckily, I snagged a bit from my designs. This one didn't get into the patterns, but was used as a design on our Redbubble store.
Theme's sad and hidden were done on the same day, day 6, since day 5 was the first skip I did. Forgot the reason why I forgot to draw on that day, I'm guessing I was tired about something.
Day 7 and 8 was a glorious one. Day 8 was the day I watched "Ako si Josephine", a local play that my mother had intended to watch with my sister but I ended up with the tickets and even added another amount to pay to my sister. (oTL)

The night of day 8, after the play, I was back on my table drawing for Petshap Inc's, and at the same time feeling tired and trying my best to think of an inktober to draw from the prompt. Thankfully I was in a "spent time with my friend and it was heavenly" hype, that it motivated me to draw a satirical irony about the concept of lost (I lost my motivation on day 7, but got it  back the day after). Then drew Chinito from the play "Ako si Josephine", to represent Josephine's (and Helena's sort of) rock, metaphorical or not. (laugh, laugh)
The illustration for broken was basically the most bizarre that I had to hunt down where I posted it.
This illustration was the first I did in combining two themes in one, jump from day 10 and transport for day 11. End result, a pogo stick.
 
Again, skipping a day and doing them both in one, add the joy of using my new pen brushes. Day 12 and 13, respectively worried and scared, are both the opposite of what the prompt themes are. One is a medic braving the battle field and the other a chubby ballerina dancing her way through the sunset.
Since halloween was basically inching closer in that corner I did a trick-or-treat tree and relax theme. Which I consider the most hilarious of what I've drawn for inktober and basically more composed than the rest.
Second cheat day, wet, and she isn't even technically wet. Tenshi no Tamago, the inspiration for this illustration, was one of the animated films I tried watching along with Watership Down and Felidea. All of which I did not get to watch in my childhood days.
Technically the third sort of fanart, themed battle, which I submitted on day 18 but originally was for cay 17. Amadea from the RPG Masquerada. Loving her for her strength and vulnerability in the story was my biggest pull. Albeit sincerely listing this game as one of the games that I will buy and play some day in my spare time. Money still escaping me right now. (laugh, laugh)
Days 18 - 19 - 20 were all squeezed in two a set of illustrations I posted in day 20, during a moment where I was religiously watching owl videos in youtube.

That's about it. So far the diversity of the styles and concept of my illustrations show too much that it's barely laughable, actually laughable. Mayhaps I will get to post another continuation of this Inktober stuff and successfully finish one finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment