Monday, November 21, 2016

Komikon Aftermath . Petshap Inc's out there! . After thoughts

Today is monday, Nov.21st, the day after the two day rush of adrenaline local comics convention (sigh of relief) and to this day I have never felt as well satisfied as the first time I've attended an event to sell my stuff back at my first Ozine indie table.
This is the first convention that I didn't create and sell a new title of any kind, one-shot or any of the series I have or currently want to create. Instead we, my friend and I, pushed and promoted our semi-business art group Petshap Inc's. Despite my demeanor through out the event for being sick, the first two days of my budding sniffles and coughs that eventually turned full fledge phlegm war, I had the opportunity to work out some sweat and suck up my guts into focusing semi-full in marketing and trying our best being sellers. I didn't get to sell much, as a sales person, according to my opinion and of course comparing it to some of the people who I saw. But seeing our merchandise get attention and well enough recognition says quite a lot. Not to mention the appreciation for our artworks that were on the items we sold.

Yes, the prices we're not that satisfyingly good to even consider getting all the capital we had to give, but the exposure was well worth (although, we honestly sold a lot in the first day and a few for the second). Now just a little bit more push to our aim, and knowledge of what the people actually do want, we can move forward on events and occasions where we will have the opportunity to plan and sell our items and talents again.

This is a laughing matter, considering that I'm almost half way into giving up on fully making an effort again yet here I see our hard worn efforts into making these items becomes something uplifting, even if it was just a little. Truly a rewarding moment for me, and any negative thoughts may come, it still would no dampen that small feeling of letting our efforts be appreciated by any means.

To my comics making, it won't go away, it won't leave my heart. And even if I am able to say that somehow I am more eager to give attention and support to Petshap Inc's, my side as a comics creator felt effectively fueled. After seeing our table mates Pop Shop's comics creators for the title of Tanod and Mang Jose, which sad to say I never got to truly browse and give praise cause I was to shy and other stuff (thanks hesitant last minute self), there was that admiration I had that won't go away still for awesome comics makers out in the field. Indie and unpicked by any specific publishers or well on their way to publish-dom.

Source
The same goes for Petshap Inc's that is either on it's path to being a design for commission group or design group for items that can be given as gift that are awful fancy and cute, pretty long interpretation of the path but oh-well, there is never going to be a good day for me but if I choose to be happy even for the simplest of these moments, then I thank providence for all these fortunate things however small.

Soon Petshap Inc's will be having it's tiny process of refurbishing aims again, while my new comics title will be done and on it's way to a good hope and future.

Age and time may hinder me, yet the efforts of these two days are truly a blessing even if I was sick and I couldn't successfully make any rounds around.

Also first time experiencing so many, at least around five, people asking for a commission from me, such tiring interactions to humans that I guess I am alright with. Work stress to develop my skills are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment