Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Original Character Archive . 6 of my Oldest

Back in College I had tons of time in my hands and enjoyed illustrating tons of stories in short doodles, or write the ideas in some kind paper doing my best to string words pretending to be a writer in my own world. Sadly I never got to finish any good writing in them, but the idea's are still recorded, all kept hidden in some treasure box I couldn't remember where I placed. It was only during this part of my life that I got to record my stories properly, at least after my fourth year of high school when I obsessed for some time on a story I didn't get truly to finish even though I've written a draft of fifty pages.


Realizing that I enjoyed writing the idea's or stories despite not finishing them had myself become obsessed, or like a part of my life, to keep tabs of all the characters I could keep and integrate them in my stories in the future. Usually I form a sort of original character and the story comes along, or vice-versa, what ever idea I needed to form into. Like a normal creative person could do, in whatever means they know.

The longest running characters in my head are 6 of my oldest children, by my creative brain. They're different from my persona like characters named Hi and High, both androgynous looking semi-guess-the-gender type of characters since I never truly gave them a definitive description but that Hi looks like a boy that dresses like a girl sometimes and High is vice-versa.


The 6 children we're beings from the story I made in my head about a boy who lived in a place that had nothing but the only known land he walks on while outside of it are what I call the Blank Canvas. A universe counter-part from ours, where only white can be seen. The idea of that concept can be clearly depicted in one scene from Coraline, 2009 fantasy movie from the book authored by Neil Gaiman, where Coraline has already solved the mystery of the realm she entered and is slowly dissolving into it's original form. I couldn't explain it well but the gist of it is that.

The universe this Boy lives in is a mixed-race realm where there is no deep conflict despite having problems or miscommunications. They are governed by the library and guardians of a crystal tower. Events unfold and a world altering scenario changes his life, and what he meant in the world, he is neither an under-achiever or an under dog though. But his youth is something that makes him an under dog. Proving himself to other's didn't become obvious at first, which probably what he didn't figure out in the first parts of the story.

It's a usual shounen like story that I always read or watch in the anime's that I've encountered back in my college days. And drawing them again in a style as animated as the first image made me feel alive and awesome in my own skin. Something I've been missing these past few days as a working adult worrying about too many things in life. Right now I'm going to focus on creating my comics Tamtam, despite not it having started yet. This year end months had so much in it that the stress I got from it became too much that even my romantic head had wrapped around in a bobble of anxious dilemma.

I'm not going to put my characters details cause I've re-written their existence right now into different roles for Tamtam. A far cry from the fantasy-adventure story I had intended them to be in, although fantasy is still in it plus a little hints of the old story they original came from. Either way, encountering nostalgia in this sense gives much motivation to focus on things in a positive way, which is always what these entries I end up writing end in. Noting positivity like I was the most optimistic being in my planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment